1 (33.3%)
75%
0 (0%)
100%
0 (0%)
Other (please specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: RATE MY DECK!  (Read 1502 times)

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Video Games can bring people together!
    • View Profile
RATE MY DECK!
« on: July 16, 2018, 09:34:03 pm »
 I am going to post my deck in a minute. Then please tell me my outlook.
Thanks. 8)
Video games can bring people together or keep them from society. Your choice but trust me, it's better to hang with other people who share your values and interests then to become an introvert. Never let a game with fake prophecy fake killing, and fake weapons become more than a game of pretend. Never let them influence your real life actions. Real killing is wrong but a video game is just that if you keep it that way.
Keep Calm and Game On!

~ JoshIndigo 2018

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: RATE MY DECK!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 09:54:10 pm »
Ok here it is. Sorry about the small card photos I just can't upload 60 individual pics.
Video games can bring people together or keep them from society. Your choice but trust me, it's better to hang with other people who share your values and interests then to become an introvert. Never let a game with fake prophecy fake killing, and fake weapons become more than a game of pretend. Never let them influence your real life actions. Real killing is wrong but a video game is just that if you keep it that way.
Keep Calm and Game On!

~ JoshIndigo 2018

ISSOtm

• The French Lord of Laziness (and a huge The Legend Of Zelda fan)
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Pewter City (B)rocks !
    • View Profile
    • My Little Website
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 02:30:18 am »
Can you please at least resize these images to a reasonable size?
"THOU SHALL NOT PASS !!"  RIVAL's effect, Gandalf.

Proudly glitching Pokémon Red and Yellow on a Black & White GB, Pocket GB, GB Color, GBA SP and new 3DS.

My Twitter (beware, I'm French)
My YouTube (same warning)

Here is an online tool to build 8F setups : GBz80 to Items !

They see me layzin', they ha-tin'...
Heavy contributor of the global augmentation of entropy (my room's is too damn high !)

Sherkel

• The first unquiring one to bare arms
  • Staff
  • Online Online
  • リリー再び!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 03:33:04 am »
You're playing Unlimited?

I think the Porygon2 deck or the Flygon/Nidoqueen one are basically your only options in that case. Or that one where you do enough damage in one turn to knock out everything on your opponent's side without attacking, but somehow I'm unable to find a decklist for that right now.

Considering this is probably completely casual right now, though, I'll try and think of some quick fixes to make it more effective in general. Remind me to if I don't get back to this thread.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:34:56 am by Sherkel »

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 01:40:24 pm »
There are only 60 cards in this deck I made customer for myself. I just best my sis with it but that's not saying much since I have the better card selection and we're both noobs. I'm not using theme decks. Just the cards I get and use what I can with limited energies. BTW is there such thing as starting a Pokemon TCG team with other people and representing your group in battle, and of so what is that called?
Thanks.
Keep Calm and Game On!

~ JoshIndigo 2018

Prisma

• Mewtwo's Trainer
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 05:18:10 pm »
That deck is very sub par(being generous) but you probably
don't have access to many cards.

You should try PTCGO, you can add me on there and I can give you
some cards I don't need which there's a lot of haha

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 06:19:10 pm »
How do you send cards? I'm not sure about sending an address.
Keep Calm and Game On!

~ JoshIndigo 2018

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 06:25:14 pm »
Also Thank you for the offer!
Keep Calm and Game On!

~ JoshIndigo 2018

Sherkel

• Staff
  • Online Online
  • リリー再び!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 08:24:10 pm »
I wasn't referring to those ripoff "constructed decks", I was referring to deck archetypes in the Unlimited format. Unlimited is where you can use any card from any set. Unlike MTG's Vintage, nobody plays it seriously. What you'll need to do is find out which sets are currently legal (generally the most recent 5 or so) and build a deck using only cards from those.

In terms of general advice for improving the one you posted, you need a lot less Pokémon and a lot more Trainer cards. Pokédex and all its variants have always been useless, so you can get rid of that; the rest are mostly unfamiliar to me, but you seem to need more that allow you to draw from your deck. On the Pokémon side, try to narrow it down to maybe 3 or 4 evolution lines total and 2 energy types max. You should know exactly what you're aiming for before you even draw your hand (for instance, "get Magearna set up").

I get that this isn't a competitive deck, but those are what I'd keep in mind if I was playing the GBC game and needed to beat one of the club masters with the starter cards.

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 07:55:47 am »
Well let me ask this. Is this deck legal for either local or even the championship? I mean I  probably won't go to that any time soon but I need to know of this is a useable deck.
Keep Calm and Game On!

~ JoshIndigo 2018

Sherkel

• Staff
  • Online Online
  • リリー再び!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 12:09:12 pm »
Well let me ask this. Is this deck legal for either local or even the championship? I mean I  probably won't go to that any time soon but I need to know of this is a useable deck.
No, as it has some cards I recognize, and nothing that fits that criterion would be legal anymore. However, playing locally for fun is case-by-case; if they know you're just getting into it and have limited resources, they'll probably still play you.

Anything that is not in the current rotation isn't legal. The "Expanded" format didn't exist back when I played, but I'm glad it does now because the game needed it badly. I'd still assume official tournaments use Standard. See if you can find out the rest yourself; Pokégym and Bulbapedia are some of your best resources. Playing online with Prisma would probably be a good idea too.

Oh, also, do see if you can resize those images, or link to them from Imgur or Kek.gg instead of using attachments, as I can't edit your post to make them smaller if they are.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:20:50 pm by Sherkel »

Prisma

• Mewtwo's Trainer
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 03:28:35 pm »
How do you send cards? I'm not sure about sending an address.

It's online Pokemon TCG, essentially you sign up
and you can play against other players and win booster
packs and build your own deck, and you can also trade with
other people as well. When you first sign up have access to
a few theme decks that give you the basic idea of how a deck is set up.
If you sign up I'll pm you my username and I can add you as
my friend on there.

Link: https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 08:09:02 am »
Oh that's what you're talking about! I have an account on there and a ton of online codes but just haven't used them. Yet. Maybe I'll see about that! I'll PM you my username.
Keep Calm and Game On!

~ JoshIndigo 2018

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2018, 07:54:29 pm »
 OMG I was such a NOOB! XD What the heck was I thinking?! BTW I didn't understand stuff such as Ultimate Format or that a  Flygon/Nidoqueen deck was not bought but built around those pokemon.
I now know what I am doing thanks to my friends down at a card shop called Twin Dragons. I recommend you guys check it out if you're in the area! BTW please lock this.
Keep Calm and Game On!

~ JoshIndigo 2018

Sherkel

• Staff
  • Online Online
  • リリー再び!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2018, 08:03:41 pm »
Haha, it's no problem! Glad you got the information you wanted. :)

I think users can lock their own topics. Actually, let me test and see right now...

Yep, you can!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:07:05 pm by Sherkel »