Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Reorganizing the extended GlitchDex  (Read 335 times)

Sherkel

• Ringsome on the aquaface
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • PSYNCIN' IN THE VaiN
    • View Profile
Reorganizing the extended GlitchDex
« on: August 01, 2018, 03:24:52 pm »
As this page grows larger, placing the only means to access it in a small link at the bottom of the English RBY GlitchDex doesn't seem like a good design choice anymore.

Regarding the "List of glitch Pokémon" page, I think the following changes would be a good idea:
  • Split "each GlitchDex" into its own page and have this page link to them (for instance, German Red/Blue would have one page)
  • Remove English RBY glitches from the list (they're already displayed quite prominently in the Balthasar GlitchDex)
  • Remove notes on MissingNo. index numbers and cries (I don't know why it's there of all places, but feel free to explain)
  • Link to it in the sidebar under "Databases"

Personally I think changes along these lines would make this part of the site far more presentable and allow the prestigious breadth of its content to appear out in the open instead of hidden behind opaque layers of navigation. However, I'd like to hear some input on how they might be made more effectively (or not made at all?), especially as it's not my prerogative to make changes like this in the first place.

I think this should be linked in the sidebar too.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 11:11:03 pm by Sherkel »

I come and go. Apparently still more than most of the other regulars, so hard to say it's a semi-hiatus of some sort. Suggestions for wiki organization are appreciated here if you haven't seen this thread yet.
I don't have a habit of keeping Discord open, so direct inquiries are still preferred through here.

Sherkel

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • PSYNCIN' IN THE VaiN
    • View Profile
Re: Reorganizing the extended GlitchDex
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 03:19:46 pm »
Let's begin, I suppose. All the edits can be reverted in one click if need be.
  • Remove English RBY glitches from the list (they're already displayed quite prominently in the Balthasar GlitchDex)
  • Remove notes on MissingNo. index numbers and cries (I don't know why it's there of all places, but feel free to explain)
Did these, and moved relevant lists to the GlitchDexJP. I can't edit the sidebar.

EDIT:
https://glitchcity.info/wiki/GlitchDexDE
https://glitchcity.info/wiki/GlitchDexFR
https://glitchcity.info/wiki/GlitchDexIT
https://glitchcity.info/wiki/GlitchDexES
https://glitchcity.info/wiki/List_of_glitch_Pok%C3%A9mon
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 03:52:06 pm by Sherkel »

I come and go. Apparently still more than most of the other regulars, so hard to say it's a semi-hiatus of some sort. Suggestions for wiki organization are appreciated here if you haven't seen this thread yet.
I don't have a habit of keeping Discord open, so direct inquiries are still preferred through here.

Evie the Mother Hen ☽ ❤

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I love My Melody. 🦋 ✿
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 04:36:41 pm »
Thanks for this! :D

Yeah, it feels a lot more logical (and reduces the length of the article) to have separate GlitchDexes.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
Here have some free flowers on every post :)
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Transgender woman but spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman/I'm a 'girly' nerd who discovered herself. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Feel free to contact me here about anything regarding the site.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3

Sherkel

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • PSYNCIN' IN THE VaiN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 05:28:03 pm »
You're welcome! :)

Think you could link the list of GlitchDexes (call it something like "Extended GlitchDex") under "Databases" and list of disassemblies under "References"?

Actually, regarding the first, it would probably be better to combine it with the main "GlitchDex" page, but I'm not sure if just adding a noticeable link or merging the two pages would be better.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:31:14 pm by Sherkel »