Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Chee-Chai Alien franchise  (Read 1422 times)

Parzival

• Buyer beware: House comes with 3 free skeletons in a closet of your choice.
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • This box intentionally left blank. ...wait...
    • View Profile
    • (null)
Re: Chee-Chai Alien franchise
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 06:09:12 pm »
Damn, no codes in my Gameshark book.
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about destruction.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.
If you need to talk to someone, my PM inbox is always open.

Sherkel

• The first unquiring one to bare arms
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Is it an illusion, or a tower built on sand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 06:35:16 pm »
Maybe you could pick up one that has them...for a few dollars more. 8)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 06:39:59 pm by Sherkel »

Bert

• Local Shitposter
  • Member+
  • Online Online
  • Enemy FERALIGATR can't receive the gift!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2019, 07:19:24 pm »

Reminds me of Xurkitree. And the blue critter on the right looks like a Chao.

But he might only have...

A fistful of dollars.

I don't really have anything to contribute, I just saw this post and couldn't help myself. The series does have a really charming style, though.

Parzival

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • (null)
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 11:46:24 pm »

But he might only have...

A fistful of dollars.

Alright, alright, that's enough, settle down, I got it for free.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 02:24:51 am by ISSOtm »
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.

Evie the Bird Mother ❤✿

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2019, 05:12:39 am »
I think 01xx7CC5 controls the menu you're on, including minigames. Turning it on at certain points allows you to play minigames without unlocking them. However, it is a risky code with side effects such as glitching the menu or game freezes.

If you want to play the game normally, I think vba rerecording v24 svn 480(?) and likely other builds always simulates a maximum infrared signal, so you can successfully use the menu for attracting a Chalien (with full signal reception all the time) http://tasvideos.org/EmulatorResources/VBA.html

Physically, using the Xploder GB cheat menu interface and starting the game without entering any codes bypasses the GBC only check, but if infrared is disabled you can only work with what's unlocked which doesn't use infrared. Hope this helps. ✿

(Image © Sanrio, Nintendo, HAL Laboratory)

I want to be a mother. 🦋 ✿

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Sex male, and spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Please note:

While I'm one of the staff who runs the site, Abwayax is the founder and manages the technical side of the site (specifically the server, but I can do forum/wiki stuff if you like, I suggest if you do to make a thread about it to gather a consensus). Still feel free to contact me about higher site issues though; I will forward them to Abwayax if needed. :)

Forgiveness.

I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3

Parzival

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • (null)
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2019, 10:12:43 am »
I think 01xx7CC5 controls the menu you're on, including minigames. Turning it on at certain points allows you to play minigames without unlocking them. However, it is a risky code with side effects such as glitching the menu or game freezes.

If you want to play the game normally, I think vba rerecording v24 svn 480(?) and likely other builds always simulates a maximum infrared signal, so you can successfully use the menu for attracting a Chalien (with full signal reception all the time) http://tasvideos.org/EmulatorResources/VBA.html

Physically, using the Xploder GB cheat menu interface and starting the game without entering any codes bypasses the GBC only check, but if infrared is disabled you can only work with what's unlocked which doesn't use infrared. Hope this helps. ✿

Should be able to freeze the I/O port in BGB...
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.

Evie the Bird Mother ❤✿

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2019, 10:45:19 am »

Should be able to freeze the I/O port in BGB...

Ah.. cool :)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Sex male, and spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Please note:

While I'm one of the staff who runs the site, Abwayax is the founder and manages the technical side of the site (specifically the server, but I can do forum/wiki stuff if you like, I suggest if you do to make a thread about it to gather a consensus). Still feel free to contact me about higher site issues though; I will forward them to Abwayax if needed. :)

Forgiveness.

I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Sherkel

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2019, 02:24:08 pm »
Well, looks like I managed to get 3 of them on the GBC one. I thought I found something that let you get more (out of 16 total?), but it ended with this weird clock thing I couldn't figure out. Anyway, got a save file with those that I will probably not use till I do more of the GBA one.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 02:33:28 pm by Sherkel »

Evie the Bird Mother ❤✿

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2019, 10:19:21 am »
Congrats!  :D

For the screen (weird clock thing) all you have to do is mash A and directions on the d-pad. I forgot its purpose sorry but you may need to get the ball down the hole to progress.

Each Chalien has its own container (called a "pheromone"). The Chaliens you find depend on the pheromone you're using. You need to keep catching Chaliens until a "pheromone baddie" appears to unlock the pheromone it's holding. Also you'll need to interact with the Chaliens to extract dark matter into vials until all rockets are used, and play with them in the "polariton" to unlock their minigames.

While doing all this you can expect three villains to appear, who you must beat in Kachinuki!: KuruKuru Battle and possibly other activities. Also another requirement for completion other than collecting all the Chaliens and their minigames, specifically may be to have unlocked Walker (white two-legged Chalien)'s minigame because there is a part where you must play a slightly alternative version of it to a certain point.

Hope this helps.  ✿
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 10:20:46 am by Evie ❤✿ »

Please note:

Forgiveness.

Sherkel

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2019, 12:04:13 pm »
Looks like just A on its own is enough. Directional inputs didn't seem to affect it. Anyway, I kept doing it and got some of the orange things, and did a bit of the dark matter extraction. Going by your video, the next thing is to do the "Cosmo Up" pachinko thing, I take it?

Probably going to focus more on Nonono Puzzle than this (as you suggested in the OP.) Yesterday I did the thing where you move a bunch of piggy banks around a grid.

Evie the Bird Mother ❤✿

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2019, 01:09:13 pm »
Looks like just A on its own is enough. Directional inputs didn't seem to affect it. Anyway, I kept doing it and got some of the orange things, and did a bit of the dark matter extraction. Going by your video, the next thing is to do the "Cosmo Up" pachinko thing, I take it?

Probably going to focus more on Nonono Puzzle than this (as you suggested in the OP.) Yesterday I did the thing where you move a bunch of piggy banks around a grid.

I see, cool. :) (re:A only) Sorry I didn't know.

You seem to be on the right tracks. Yes, playing with them in the pachinko room/polariton for sufficient cosmo points unlocks the Chalien's minigame.

I see, cool. ^^ The microwave minigame? ✿

Please note:

Forgiveness.

Parzival

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • (null)
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2019, 08:30:03 pm »

I see, cool. :) (re:A only) Sorry I didn't know.

You seem to be on the right tracks. Yes, playing with them in the pachinko room/polariton for sufficient cosmo points unlocks the Chalien's minigame.

I see, cool. ^^ The microwave minigame? ✿

what version of the game are you guys using?
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.

Sherkel

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2019, 08:34:17 pm »
The only one I could find.

Parzival

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • (null)
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2019, 08:43:56 pm »
The only one I could find.
I have the JPN Rumble version, same for you?
If so, here's this:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SttjJwWVaGmDzGC531hrgmpTbrJui4Rd
Apply to a JPN Rumble version ROM with MD5 of "94f4306cb0c27686661e37a96eef730b" to have full IR all the time.
(IPS patches are fun!)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:44:22 pm by Parzival »
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.

Sherkel

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2019, 08:59:40 pm »
That's the MD5 value alright! Thanks, I'll be trying this! :D