Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Poll

Do you prefer older or later generation glitches?

Older (Gen 1-3)
11 (84.6%)
Later (Gen 4-7)
1 (7.7%)
Both
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Do you prefer older or later generation glitches?  (Read 409 times)

Princess Torchic Owl Lover ☽ ❤

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Aspiring mother. 🦋 ✿
    • View Profile
Do you prefer older or later generation glitches?
« on: February 21, 2019, 03:45:22 pm »
Which Pokémon generation(s) do you prefer most for glitching?

With me, Generation I. I have an affinity for the original generation glitches, as well as those in Generation II as they feel easy to start and derive more, often unusual things from them for me. However, I feel like later generations can result in bizarre results as well, like from Pomeg glitch in Generations III, IV; the void/out of bounds glitches in Generation IV.

With Generations V, VI/VII it feels there may not be as many powerful glitches, but some battle specific ones exist (e.g. Rollout storage glitch) and game-breaking ones like the Lumiose City save glitch.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
Here have some free flowers on every post ^^

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Sex male, and spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Feel free to contact me here about anything regarding the site.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3

Sherkel

• Ringsome on the aquaface
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Do you prefer older or later generation glitches?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 04:21:49 pm »
1-3. Not much to say, really: I like them the most as games (Gen V aside), and glitch-wise there's orders of magnitude more there.

Sticking to quality control and moderation until I sort some IRL matters out. I check in here almost daily and will answer questions, but not all of them.
I don't have a habit of keeping Discord open, so direct inquiries are preferred through here.

Raven Freak

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • She's the cutest female trainer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 07:39:23 pm »
I personally like Gen 1 glitches the most, ever since I was 10 and first encountered Missingno., I just knew Gen 1 was going to be a gold mine for glitches and exploits, and yep there were tons not discovered yet at the time! I rank Gen 1 high on my favorite Generation list just because of how broken the games are. Glitches crack me up, and I like glitch noises too for some odd reason.

Sherkel

• Ringsome on the aquaface
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 07:43:30 pm »
I personally like Gen 1 glitches the most, ever since I was 10 and first encountered Missingno., I just knew Gen 1 was going to be a gold mine for glitches and exploits, and yep there were tons not discovered yet at the time! I rank Gen 1 high on my favorite Generation list just because of how broken the games are. Glitches crack me up, and I like glitch noises too for some odd reason.
Yep, all of this. :) In particular the glitch noises! Have you tried out DevEd's cry editor?

Sticking to quality control and moderation until I sort some IRL matters out. I check in here almost daily and will answer questions, but not all of them.
I don't have a habit of keeping Discord open, so direct inquiries are preferred through here.

Raven Freak

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • She's the cutest female trainer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 08:49:53 pm »
Yep, all of this. :)
In particular the glitch noises! Have you tried out DevEd's cry editor?
Nope but I should check it out sometime! I didn't realize he made a utility for a Pokemon game, I've only seem him post Sonic related stuff. xD Thanks for informing me on this program!

Princess Torchic Owl Lover ☽ ❤

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Aspiring mother. 🦋 ✿
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 05:55:07 am »
1-3. Not much to say, really: I like them the most as games (Gen V aside), and glitch-wise there's orders of magnitude more there.

Yeah, I think so too. :)

Here have some free flowers on every post ^^

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Sex male, and spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Feel free to contact me here about anything regarding the site.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3

ISSOtm

• The French Lord of Laziness (and a huge The Legend Of Zelda fan)
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • Pewter City (B)rocks !
    • View Profile
    • My Little Website
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 06:44:48 am »
For me it's Gens 1-4. Gen 4 has had a lot of potential uncovered recently, and there is a possibility we can leverage it all to attain "vanilla" ACE soon enough.

Gens 1 and 2 are really good imo (obviously), Gen 4 is a nightmare because of the randomness of Pomeg, but still interesting. It would be nice if there was an ACE method that wasn't just ridiculous, but I lunno.
"THOU SHALL NOT PASS !!"  RIVAL's effect, Gandalf.

Proudly glitching Pokémon Red and Yellow on a Black & White GB, Pocket GB, GB Color, GBA SP and new 3DS.

My Twitter (beware, I'm French)
My YouTube (same warning)

Here is an online tool to build 8F setups : GBz80 to Items !

They see me layzin', they ha-tin'...
Heavy contributor of the global augmentation of entropy (my room's is too damn high !)

J92R

• Android 7.0 (Hex Editor & Musician)
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Mobile Musician & Hex Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 07:44:53 am »
I'd definitely have to say Gen 1 glitches are by far the most superior to use. I've seen more people use 8F to create games inside the game than I have seen happen with any modern glitch.
Making NES and Gameboy music... testing hex editing Pokemon games.