References/Resources
Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Interactive tools
Reference documents
Terminology

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Trading shiny locked Pokémon through Wi-Fi oversight(both Gen VI and VII)  (Read 824 times)

Matt1990

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • May Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • MissingNo. Glitch City
Hello there, probably I've broke down some rules in making this thread, so forgive me for this first, probably I discovered hot water although I didn't see any threads about this there but if there is some documentation about it forgive me for that as well, I wouldn't even consider it a glitch itself but rather an exploit/oversight in the online checks. Basically, the online legality check doesn't look after if the Pokémon you're trading is inside an egg or not (however, it does check if it has legal moves/ability and such), which will actually let you trade legendary Pokémon inside eggs through Wi-Fi. By doing so, you can tweak the Egg PID's SV so when the receiver will hatch the egg it'll turn shiny if it matches. They won't be able to send it back once received though. I would record a video but my 3DS is currently broken (planning to repair it in future as it does a popping sound when turned on) but I did test it in both VI and VII 3DS Gen games when my console was working fine and it yeld the same results
x - x - x

Sherkel

• Ringsome on the aquaface
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • PSYNCIN' IN THE CHaiN
    • View Profile
What rules would those be? Anyway, this is certainly a strange shortcoming in the legality checker. I wouldn't consider it too notable (because you'd need to edit your save to get a legendary in an Egg to begin with), but it is good to have spotted.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 12:49:35 pm by Sherkel »

I come and go. Apparently still more than most of the other regulars, so hard to say it's a semi-hiatus of some sort. Suggestions for wiki organization are appreciated here if you haven't seen this thread yet.
I don't have a habit of keeping Discord open, so direct inquiries are still preferred through here.