Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Pal Park and Gen III Pomeg Glitch (D/P/PL)  (Read 225 times)

Reclaimer Shawn

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
Pal Park and Gen III Pomeg Glitch (D/P/PL)
« on: May 30, 2019, 09:36:33 pm »
I've thought about getting a DS and sending over a couple of things I've used the Pomeg Glitch to get in-game. If I were to glitch in a Pokemon with an ID of 0x1ED, could I migrate that to Pal Park and catch an Arceus there? I know I can already get Arceus via the Void Glitch, but if you can you could potentially use glitches to get any shiny pokemon you want into Gen 4.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:51:44 pm by Reclaimer Shawn »

Parzival

• Buyer beware: House comes with 3 free skeletons in a closet of your choice.
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • This box intentionally left blank. ...wait...
    • View Profile
    • (null)
Re: Pal Park and Gen III Pomeg Glitch (D/P/PL)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 10:03:15 pm »
On an only somewhat-related topic, for DS stuff, invest in an R4 or other SLOT-1 flashcart. Maybe a SLOT-2 later if you get a DS with the GBA slot but that's not imperative if you have a good SLOT-1 cart.

Doing so allows for easy save edits (no cart dongles and sketchy chinese Windows reflash programs!) and cheats and freeloading (please only use games you have in cart form, something something piracy bad?) and homebrew and...

there's just no reason not to really... just makes things so much easier.

Wait, do the first few GBA-compatible DS models support GBx carts? If so it'd be trivial to write SLOT-1 homebrew to pull Gen 1/2 Pokemon into Gen 4 or higher from legit carts, entirely eliminating the Gen 2-to-3 trade gap!
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about destruction.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.
If you need to talk to someone, my PM inbox is always open.

Sherkel

• Ringsome on the aquaface
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Is it an illusion, or a tower built on sand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 10:07:04 pm »
I don't know offhand, as common a question as that probably is...but intuitively I'd assume they'd be treated the same as Eggs. Metarkrai said here that no Decamarks can be transferred, but I don't know any further details.

A DS with two slots has always been my preferred method of backing up and transferring GBA save files, though.

Reclaimer Shawn

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 10:24:16 pm »
On an only somewhat-related topic, for DS stuff, invest in an R4 or other SLOT-1 flashcart.

Seeing as how cheap they are (I'm seeing them for $7-15) I'll probably make that investment. I'll just need to find one from a trusted vendor.

Metarkrai said here that no Decamarks can be transferred, but I don't know any further details.

If that's the case that's a real shame. That would've been awesome if it worked. I'll still probably try just to make sure, though.
You guys respond to my threads pretty quickly. I like that about these forums.

Matt1990

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • May Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • MissingNo. Glitch City
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 05:54:29 am »
I'm not 100000% sure but as far as I remember event items need to be "triggered", thus just owning the item won't be enough. But yeah, trying never hurts, you may run into unexpected results. Also, remember to always backup your save files before toying with those things!
Sadly I can't find my old R4 anymore, otherwise I would've shipped you it as I don't have a working DS in my hands for now, but they're fairly cheap and even though you might get a "crappy one" it would still support save dumping and injecting

Wait, do the first few GBA-compatible DS models support GBx carts? If so it'd be trivial to write SLOT-1 homebrew to pull Gen 1/2 Pokemon into Gen 4 or higher from legit carts, entirely eliminating the Gen 2-to-3 trade gap!
Nah, they don't. That's a feature that has been dropped since GBA Micro
x - x - x

Parzival

• Buyer beware: House comes with 3 free skeletons in a closet of your choice.
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • This box intentionally left blank. ...wait...
    • View Profile
    • (null)
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 06:26:38 am »
Nah, they don't. That's a feature that has been dropped since GBA Micro
DAMMIT
I'm not 100000% sure but as far as I remember event items need to be "triggered", thus just owning the item won't be enough. But yeah, trying never hurts, you may run into unexpected results.
Yeah, they need the trigger too.
Also, remember to always backup your save files before toying with those things!
Yup.
Sadly I can't find my old R4 anymore, otherwise I would've shipped you it as I don't have a working DS in my hands for now, but they're fairly cheap and even though you might get a "crappy one" it would still support save dumping and injecting
RIP
also I can recommend a specific one that isn't a timebomb and supports all the standard features. It's like $20-40 depending on where you get it. it's actually a good one, so...
Ask me about betrayal.
Ask me about depression.
Ask me about death.
Ask me about destruction.
Ask me about hardship.
I've been through s**t.
If you need to talk to someone, my PM inbox is always open.

Sherkel

• Ringsome on the aquaface
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • Is it an illusion, or a tower built on sand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 02:46:54 pm »
Metarkrai said here that no Decamarks can be transferred, but I don't know any further details.

If that's the case that's a real shame. That would've been awesome if it worked. I'll still probably try just to make sure, though.
You guys respond to my threads pretty quickly. I like that about these forums.
Thanks! Really, we just happened to be online, and it was better when the regulars in the Pomeg sub-glitch thread were still active, but they've probably said everything that needs to be said by this point.

If you plan to get an original DS you can test it out for yourself without worrying about save data, but if you want to give me some details (screenshots, how you obtained it, basically anything aside from just having a 1ED Decamark) I can try replicating your setup to see what happens if you try to transfer it. Not that I'm counting on much, but still, somehow it hasn't been formally confirmed.