References/Resources
Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Interactive tools
Reference documents
Terminology

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Article about Pokémon "overleveled"?  (Read 126 times)

LanceAndMissingNo.

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Oh! That's tragic!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Article about Pokémon "overleveled"?
« on: June 07, 2019, 03:18:42 pm »
I thought about create a topic to talk about this. Months ago, I saw that in the wiki there isn't an article which talk about the Pokémon over level 100, being an interesant fact in the generation I games (I think that there can't be Pokémon overleveled in other generations). So, I thought in create a topic in the wiki discussion to discuss about creating an article which talk about the Pokémon level +100 (explanation, how it is possible, why exactly to level 255, almost all known techniques to get Pokémon overleveled (Mew Trick, Old man glitch, Pikachu off-screen glitch, ZZAZZ glitch... with links to their respectives articles in GCL as a references) and even the maximum stats of those Pokémon at his maximum level and if them learn attacks in 101-255.

This as first premise. What do you think? Do you consider in create an article about Pokémon overleveled? Thanks!  :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 03:26:47 pm by LanceAndMissingNo. »

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCheenv4-UJG9zDa_3kFBNw

Sorry for my regular english :/
 Addri.

Sherkel

• Ringsome on the aquaface
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • PSYNCIN' IN THE CHaiN
    • View Profile
Re: Article about Pokémon "overleveled"?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 04:11:43 pm »
I don't think it's important enough. All that there is to know is that the maximum level is defined internally as 100 but that through glitches, the level of a wild Pokémon can be above that or that an existing one can be modified directly.

I come and go. Apparently still more than most of the other regulars, so hard to say it's a semi-hiatus of some sort. Suggestions for wiki organization are appreciated here if you haven't seen this thread yet.
I don't have a habit of keeping Discord open, so direct inquiries are still preferred through here.