Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Pokémon cheat codes
Pokémon glitch terminology
Useful tools
More

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: What games have you been playing recently?  (Read 1541 times)

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
Re: What games have you been playing recently?
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2019, 12:47:36 am »
Bought Super Mario Maker 2 recently. I've been enjoying the Story Mode--professionally-made Mario levels are a timeless treat--but I haven't found a ton of enjoyment out of user-made levels yet. Apparently there's a way to filter levels by type; I'm hoping to figure that out soon so I can play more traditional levels. I don't have much interest in the level editor myself, but maybe I'll play around with that at some point.

Also getting deep back into Minecraft. Building a new village.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-4440

EPIC. Sprites by Mutou Yami, PT
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/sigshortened.png/

Evie the Mother Hen ☽ ❤

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I love My Melody. 🦋 ✿
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2019, 02:44:01 pm »
Bought Super Mario Maker 2 recently. I've been enjoying the Story Mode--professionally-made Mario levels are a timeless treat--but I haven't found a ton of enjoyment out of user-made levels yet. Apparently there's a way to filter levels by type; I'm hoping to figure that out soon so I can play more traditional levels. I don't have much interest in the level editor myself, but maybe I'll play around with that at some point.

Also getting deep back into Minecraft. Building a new village.

Glad you like it. :) Yep they're good levels. I hope you find some, I like the sand bird Super Mario Sunshine recreation one.

Ah, Minecraft. Cool, sounds fun!

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
Here have some free flowers on every post :)
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Transgender woman but spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman/I'm a 'girly' nerd who discovered herself. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Feel free to contact me here about anything regarding the site.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3

Netscape128

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • 0 ERROR.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2019, 10:56:23 pm »
Finished Skyward Sword a few weeks ago, moved on (or back in time) to Twilight Princess.
This all comes at the expense of my BOTW adventure, which I've put on the backburner for probably far too long at this point.

Netscape128 (Robert A.)

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2019, 12:22:39 am »
Anyone get Luigi's Mansion 3 recently? I've been thinking of picking it up to hold me over until Sword and Shield come out in a few weeks.

Sherkel

• Ringsome on the aquaface
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • PSYNCIN' IN THE VaiN
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2019, 08:10:18 am »
Pokémon White, Omega Ruby, and Moon. What for? The Subway, the Maison, and the Battle Tree. The unique challenge posed by the "battle facilities" in all generations is well worth facing, at least to me. I'd stretch back to Emerald and probably will (and maybe even D/P/Pt/HG/SS), but operating three systems at once is already a bit much. ;) Not sure what got me back into it; if it was the head injuries then I'd say they were for the best. :P So satisfying, though, just learning the lead threats to each team I try, the fringe circumstances behind each loss and how to avoid them, the streaks going up to just lose myself in the process, plus the cameos in Moon. They're essentially self-contained metagames, with the twist of fighting AIs working in your favor while the need for absolute perfection creates a new obstacle.

And massive thanks to the crew behind PKSM, because to quote Kaphotics, "'My data is the same as yours, but better.' This is the core of legality arguments." Sword and Shield apparently simplified breeding even further, so there may be less need there. Not re-learning the RNG gauntlets in these games, though, and everything I'm using in Gen 6 and up can be obtained in earlier generations.

Gonna hack my Switch sooner or later to play Gen 8 and other stuff as I cancelled my Shield preorder for reasons unrelated to the game content, but need to put together and mail a few packages to the guy I wanted to consult with about that first. (This isn't a formal endorsement of piracy by site staff; in fact, I may remove it, but most of the talk already about GB/C ROMs is hardly likely to be official copies.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 09:45:55 am by Sherkel »

I come and go. Apparently still more than most of the other regulars, so hard to say it's a semi-hiatus of some sort. Suggestions for wiki organization are appreciated here if you haven't seen this thread yet.
I don't have a habit of keeping Discord open, so direct inquiries are still preferred through here.

Missing? NO!

• HOENN CONFIRMED GUYS
  • Staff
  • Offline Offline
  • BOW TO YOUR SENSEI
    • View Profile
    • Satellite Smash
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2019, 11:08:45 pm »
Man, I miss the unique battle facilities of the earlier gens, specifically the Gen 3 Battle Frontier...

I remember having quite an enjoyable run in the Battle Subway and Battle Maison in Pokemon White and Pokemon Omega Ruby, but I never really was able to get into it because of how rigged the AI seemed at times. It seemed that, no matter what I did, even if the move I used or switch I made would make no sense whatsoever, the AI would respond with the perfect counterplay, every single time. Not to mention that it'd seem like the AI's moves would never miss and would crit at the worst possible times.

It's possible to chalk it up to RNG, but there were definitely times where I felt like those specific battle facilities were coded differently in order to unfairly up the challenge on the player.

Sherkel

• Ringsome on the aquaface
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • PSYNCIN' IN THE VaiN
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2019, 01:56:57 am »
I'm inclined along with the rest of Smogon to say it was just bad luck. The AI in English Stadium 2 is notorious for making its decisions based on what you put in, but in all the ones programmed by Game Freak, it's "fair", though they seemed to get a lot smarter Gen 5 and onward. (If you use Trick and give something a Choice Scarf, the opponent switches!) The fact of the matter is, though, that you're pitting one very limited team against all 1000+ Frontier sets at once. It requires a strategy based on consistency rather than being one step ahead of a real opponent in a varying metagame, and in the case of a streak of 50, that's enough consistency to defeat 150 randomly selected sets, consecutively.

I come and go. Apparently still more than most of the other regulars, so hard to say it's a semi-hiatus of some sort. Suggestions for wiki organization are appreciated here if you haven't seen this thread yet.
I don't have a habit of keeping Discord open, so direct inquiries are still preferred through here.