References/Resources
Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Interactive tools
Reference documents
Terminology

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: What book are you reading?  (Read 245 times)

Pokedude

• Josh Indigo!
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Video Games can bring people together!
    • View Profile
What book are you reading?
« on: June 28, 2019, 08:59:47 pm »
You know, most people think gamers are people in their 20's who live in their parents basement drinking Mountain with anger issues. What most people don't know is that most gamers are actually well read individuals. Also most of us gamers have switched to Diet Mountain Dew like adults! (Kudos to anyone who gets that reference.)

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
by Phillip. K. Dick
The inspiration for the hit movie Blade Runner, I felt this was quite a good read! I will say some of the more adult content was rather unneeded, even as it somewhat served it's purpose for character development. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a good summer sci-fi read.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:00:07 pm by Pokedude »
Video games can bring people together or keep them from society. Your choice but trust me, it's better to hang with other people who share your values and interests then to become an introvert. Never let a game with fake prophecy fake killing, and fake weapons become more than a game of pretend. Never let them influence your real life actions. Real killing is wrong but a video game is just that if you keep it that way.
Keep Calm and Game On!

~ JoshIndigo 2018

Bert

• Local Shitposter
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Runs a bank-making operation out of his banks.
    • View Profile
Re: What book are you reading?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 10:24:45 pm »
The Executioner #117: Vendetta in Venice, ghostwritten by Peter Leslie. I don't have much of an opinion on it yet since I just started it, but a bad guy used a Colt Cobra revolver so that was cool I guess. My previous read was The Executioner #33: Wednesday's Wrath, which was okay, nothing special.

You know, most people think gamers are people in their 20's who live in their parents basement drinking Mountain with anger issues. What most people don't know is that most gamers are actually well read individuals. Also most of us gamers have switched to Diet Mountain Dew like adults! (Kudos to anyone who gets that reference.)

Gamers are also the most oppressed people on the planet. I'm a gamer myself and am constantly under attack by Gamergate, Encyclopedia Dramatica, Kiwi Farms, the hacker known as 4chan, my bill collectors and John Madden. Also that bit*h Veronica won't f**k me even though I'm such a nice guy. Gamers, rise up!

Evie the Mother Hen ☽ ❤

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I love My Melody ✿(not really a mum but wanna be)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 03:32:47 am »

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
by Phillip. K. Dick
The inspiration for the hit movie Blade Runner, I felt this was quite a good read! I will say some of the more adult content was rather unneeded, even as it somewhat served it's purpose for character development. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a good summer sci-fi read.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I agree and relate there! Additionally many video games have interesting dialogue/lore in the gameplay too. Glad you liked the book.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
Here have some free flowers on every post :)
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Transgender woman but spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman/I'm a 'girly' nerd who discovered herself. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Feel free to contact me here about anything regarding the site.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3

Bert

• Local Shitposter
  • Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • Runs a bank-making operation out of his banks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 10:49:36 pm »
I finished Goldfinger by Ian Fleming earlier this evening. It's a real, real slow burn and oh my god that golf game would cure anyone's insomnia. The second half was much better and overall I enjoyed the book.

QueenEugiOfGlitches

• Queen Eugi Of Glitches
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • ZZeZZ ZZgZ Zf ZZiZZeZ
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 01:19:43 pm »
Philip Dick books are amazing! I'm currently reading the Neuromancer Trilogy by Gibson. :D
❥ Eugi Smash, Bliss Autrey, Bliss Fair.
❥ I also love Final Fantasy.

✨ If you want to be a hero, you need to have dreams and honor. ~Angeal (Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII) ✨