References/Resources
Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Interactive tools
Reference documents
Terminology

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Route 124 half rock [Pokémon Emerald]  (Read 216 times)

Matt1990

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • May Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • MissingNo. Glitch City
Route 124 half rock [Pokémon Emerald]
« on: July 13, 2019, 03:43:55 pm »
This is a minor graphical glitch that is avaible in Pokémon Emerald but for some reason It's not avaible in the original R/S releases. When Emerald came out I remember a friend of mine telling me about it but apparently It's not documented anywhere (not even GCL). Apparently when they were re-building Hoenn they forgot to add a small tile on the rock on the northern part of route 124 (north-right side of the shard house).

The glitch isn't avaible in Ruby/Sapphire because there aren't any rocks over there.

x - x - x

bwill11

• pleb with a big brain and nothing to do with it
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Route 124 half rock [Pokémon Emerald]
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 04:34:36 pm »
I think your image needs to be edited to have something to indicate where the rock is (a line, a circle, etc). I stared at this for a solid 3 minutes before noticing the difference, since the rock is in the corner of the image in an easily missed position.
What if you wanted to research glitches but the opponent said
Enem.
Enem.
Enem.
Enem.
Enem.
Enem.
Enem.
Enem.
Enem.
Enem.

Sherkel

• Ringsome on the aquaface
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • PSYNCIN' IN THE CHaiN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 04:37:59 pm »
Huh! That's a good find. Nice work being the first to spot it.

If we had the old system in place, I'd move this to Approved Submissions, but it can be added right away now if you want to do that. I thought at first it could have been intentional and just the only instance of the "half-rock", but the dive tiles strongly suggest it wasn't meant to be that way.

I come and go. Apparently still more than most of the other regulars, so hard to say it's a semi-hiatus of some sort. Suggestions for wiki organization are appreciated here if you haven't seen this thread yet.
I don't have a habit of keeping Discord open, so direct inquiries are still preferred through here.

Matt1990

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • May Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • MissingNo. Glitch City
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 04:49:50 pm »
I think your image needs to be edited to have something to indicate where the rock is (a line, a circle, etc). I stared at this for a solid 3 minutes before noticing the difference, since the rock is in the corner of the image in an easily missed position.
There you go! It's on the northern right side though.

Huh! That's a good find. Nice work being the first to spot it.

If we had the old system in place, I'd move this to Approved Submissions, but it can be added right away now if you want to do that. I thought at first it could have been intentional and just the only instance of the "half-rock", but the dive tiles strongly suggest it wasn't meant to be that way.
Sure thing! I'm not entirely sure whether it was intentional or not. But well, at least we have some documentation about it!
x - x - x

Evie the Mother Hen ☽ ❤

• Head Administrator
  • Offline Offline
  • I love My Melody ✿(not really a mum but wanna be)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 08:49:48 pm »

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
Here have some free flowers on every post :)
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory)

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. Transgender woman but spiritually doesn't believe 'male'/'female' needs to be defined; lives more stereotypically like a woman/I'm a 'girly' nerd who discovered herself. Call me whichever pronouns you like. :)

Feel free to contact me here about anything regarding the site.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3