References/Resources
Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Interactive tools
Reference documents
Terminology

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Fun little glitch map-script in your rival's house  (Read 63 times)

metalmario32

• The ENG Pokémon Nerd
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • RST 38? What's that? ... Oh.
    • View Profile
Fun little glitch map-script in your rival's house
« on: July 27, 2019, 12:32:09 pm »
Here's an interesting script that doesn't involve executing code in manipulable RAM or that doesn't involve a freeze (interesting, right?)

Activating script 0x0E in your rival's house causes execution at 3420 in unbanked ROM, which seems to play a loop of a short sound effect. What's even more interesting is that when you walk around, loops occur less frequently (the loops have a longer time between them). When you walk out of the house, it seems to play a glitchy version of a Pokémon league theme (?) If someone else could test this out for me and confirm these effects, that would be great.

Edit: I have created a video on the matter, and it is my first ever YT video! There are a lot of issues with it, but I hope everyone understands. https://youtu.be/U3BrnuoOVoI
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 09:22:10 am by metalmario32 »
I've been a fan of Pokémon since my first game. That was Platinum, though. Ever since then, I've played every single generation of Pokémon at least once and got into glitching them when I got RBY. Oh boy, the fun times that I had as a kid... I <3 GLITCH CITY LABORATORIES for bringing back my childhood!