References/Resources
Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Interactive tools
Reference documents
Terminology

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Fainting the first legendary encounter oversight?  (Read 89 times)

HAK-DOS

• The mischievously glitchy Persian
  • Not yet posted
  • Offline Offline
  • I. 599 5 ERROR▼
    • View Profile
Fainting the first legendary encounter oversight?
« on: November 23, 2019, 08:12:03 pm »
Okay, first thing is first. I didn't discover this, someone named Nintendo Unity did. Now onto what happens:
I'm really sure if this classifies as a glitch, but apparently if you trade/spawn in a pokemon with snow warning in Sword/Shield, the first legendary encounter at the beginning of the game can actually be fainted, despite normally being immune to damage. It will only give 1 or 2 EXP however. (probably level 0, despite the ??? that appears?)
It's an oversight, at least.
EDIT: It seems that abilities are overlooked entirely by the script, some people have claimed that imposter ditto may allow you to see the legends moveset, if it has one at all, though I'm unsure.

Discovered by Nintendo Unity:

(I'm sorry for posting this, please be gentle. Just thought you guys would be interested in this since other scripted events in the game do similar things- I'll delete this post if you want.)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 08:16:34 pm by HAK-DOS »
It is a common fact that any game I touch, instantly explodes into a glitchy mess within two hours of contact. What can I say? It is just a delightful hobby to see them break apart!
Other than that.. I usually keep my research to myself/friends, and don't speak much on these forums. Maybe one day I'll muster up the courage to do such.