References/Resources
Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Interactive tools
Reference documents
Terminology

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Clarification on Recent Events  (Read 14806 times)

SCf3

• Member+
  • Offline Offline
  • I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
Re: Clarification on Recent Events
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2020, 08:07:31 pm »
holy s**t what a rollercoaster
Posts:  1,023 (1.746 per day) Date Registered:  May 08, 2006, 02:54:50 am

Scoob87

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 02:15:07 pm »
Hi Ganix,

I’m curious to know if you have any idea what Missingno.s 115, 121 and 135 are? They are all from period 4 and it seems strange that their backsprites weren’t present. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 02:44:36 pm by Scoob87 »

Ganix

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2020, 01:57:45 pm »
Hi Ganix,

I’m curious to know if you have any idea what Missingno.s 115, 121 and 135 are? They are all from period 4 and it seems strange that their backsprites weren’t present. Thanks.

115 and 121 are entirely unknown, and 135 is too blurry to make out in the GCCX video. None of those sprites survived, unfortunately. I'd be curious to know what they were though, as well as any other early scrapped Pokemon that we haven't seen yet.

Scoob87

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • CHARIZRAD 'M ROXORX or is it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 02:56:33 pm »
Hi Ganix,

115 and 121 are entirely unknown, and 135 is too blurry to make out in the GCCX video. None of those sprites survived, unfortunately. I'd be curious to know what they were though, as well as any other early scrapped Pokemon that we haven't seen yet.

My guess is that they were scrapped early on like Omega and how Mew ate its spot. Omega’s backsprite wasn’t with the assets either probably for the same reason. The period 4 line seems to be all evos and pre-evos of period 2 and 1. My guess is Madame may be there and baby Doduo.

Spot 135 appears as though it may be an earlier sprite of baby Doduo or perhaps that fire seal from Spaceworld (from the shape of the blurry sprite in GCCX it is similar in shape to both fire seal and baby Doduo).

I wouldn’t be surprised if baby Growlithe was one since in Gen 1 Growlithe and Vulpix are opposites in the versions and baby Vulpix was present in Gen 1 at one point.

EDIT: I have one more question, Ganix. What did you acquire Gen. 1-wise? It sounds like you got some data and made assets out of that but were there actual tools and builds of the Gen I prototypes available at your disposal? I’m just curious from rereading your first post and how you were careful to “not include actual data from the game”. Thanks and cool stuff.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:24:02 am by Scoob87 »

TornApart

• GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • a melon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2020, 06:28:11 pm »
Sorry for the bump.
Hello Ganix! The post has this
I'm open to talking about anything that requires additional explanation or clarification.
So I hope this post is okay.
Despite writing this
I have nothing else in my possession, and I've shown everything I did have.
A user with the same display name as you was posting screenshots of various unseen prototypes, development builds, and other never before seen screenshots onto a Discord server a few weeks ago, was this you? If so, why did you lie here?
Thank you.

DoneAndSaid

• Lucky 7 Captain
  • GCLF Member
  • Offline Offline
  • DAS of Lucky 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 10:22:39 pm »
Hello Ganix.

The original gallery for the Gen IV sprites was taken down. I'm not sure if you posted it or if you were just the source, but would you mind saying why? Is there an archival of the gallery as well?
- Stefan "DAS" Jenkins, captain of Lucky 7