References/Resources
Databases
Disassembly projects
The Big HEX List
Interactive tools
Reference documents
Terminology

Affiliates
Legendary Star Blob 2 (Hakuda) (日本語/Japanese)
Pokémon Speedruns wiki (English)
PRAMA Initiative (Français/French)
MissingNo. Glitch City (Italiano/Italian)
Become an affiliate!

Technical
Site source code

Search Wiki

Author Topic: Japanese Pokémon Gen I's event flags  (Read 133 times)

Evie (retired from head adminship)

• Veteran Contributor
  • Online Online
    • View Profile
Japanese Pokémon Gen I's event flags
« on: January 05, 2020, 02:53:52 pm »
For reference; if you have a save file with beaten Trainers etc., you can use this resource to reenable them. If you need any help I can offer it. http://psense.lib.net/Analysis/RGB/poke/event.html This is from a very old site and has been documented for a long time, but the site faded into obscurity.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
Here have some free flowers on every post :)

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory) Sorry I don't know who made the Eevee butterfly fan art :(

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. No longer active here other than to answer questions, messages. Sorry I've had to step down and have demoted myself (will explain later). I suggest contacting Photon-Phoenix/Yuzihax, and Abwayax.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Thank you Nyapon for this lovely artwork. :3

Parzival

• The Laziest Malware Enthusiast
  • Banned
  • Offline Offline
  • who posted nudes in upstream
    • View Profile
    • (null)
Re: Japanese Pokémon Gen I's event flags
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 03:25:43 pm »
For reference; if you have a save file with beaten Trainers etc., you can use this resource to reenable them. If you need any help I can offer it. http://psense.lib.net/Analysis/RGB/poke/event.html This is from a very old site and has been documented for a long time, but the site faded into obscurity.
oh s**t this is really helpful if i can turn the events off too

i'm also on keybase and bitchute but i don't have nifty buttons for those. Bitchute isn't ready yet, but will be eventually.

mood

• Veteran Contributor
  • Online Online
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 10:27:13 am »
oh s**t this is really helpful if i can turn the events off too

You're welcome ^^. Yes, you can. All you have to do is reset all bits (value of 00) or set them all (value of FF) etc. depending on how it works. For me, setting the addresses 00 re-enables ("!") trainer battles (and if you set it to FF, it would turn them off).

(Images © Sanrio, Nintendo, Pokémon, HAL Laboratory) Sorry I don't know who made the Eevee butterfly fan art :(

✿ Hi, I'm Evie. No longer active here other than to answer questions, messages. Sorry I've had to step down and have demoted myself (will explain later). I suggest contacting Photon-Phoenix/Yuzihax, and Abwayax.

Forgiveness. I feel that the more people pray to our greatest source/God/mathematical equality for world peace, the more and more it manifests into reality (until our next spiritual death).

Sherkel

• Banned
  • Offline Offline
  • PSYNCIN' IN THE FINNAGaiN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 07:38:34 pm »
If pokered-jp is accurate, event flags begin at D747, as with the English version. Are these locations in the save file?
Held aloft, as if by hands, their thoughts remain adrift
Torn asunder, broken bands
A void, a dream, a rift

• Veteran Contributor
  • Online Online
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 04:25:34 am »
If pokered-jp is accurate, event flags begin at D747, as with the English version. Are these locations in the save file?

I think they may be(?) (at least some) otherwise the challenge/maybe the "!"/no "!" encounter, wouldn't be there when you fight the Trainer after rebooting the game. However, I do remember playing with level-script pointer (D36E/F in EN currently can't remember the equivalent for JP) to make an item ball get "!" and walk up to me with "!" or similar; after speedrunners did it. Ah OK, thanks.. that clears some things up, and that's quite good to hear if we want to disable/enable encounters in the English version.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 04:27:11 am by Evie the Mother Hen ☽ ❤ »